Our admission was complimentary for the preview event but as always, all opinions written here are 100% mine.
My friend Maria of MamaliciousMaria made this fantastic video from some of the press materials. It really gives you a sense of the excitement that awaits:
And here are a few fun facts about Hurricane Harbor at Six Flags Over Georgia - maybe some surprising things you did not know!
- The waterpark is sparkling clean and looks like an old, quaint surfside town.
- Calypso Bay is a 38,000 square-foot high tech ocean attraction with hundreds of thousands of gallons of water to simulate a true surfside experience. This pool creates rolling waves that guests can enjoy all day.
- Tsunami Surge is the world's first hybrid zero gravity slide! Four riders can barrel down an enclosed 5-story drop, including a 125-foot long bowl. Just as they think it is over, riders take on the Surge’s finale, which shoots them perpendicular to the ground and guests enter into a moment of zero-gravity. Note: I rode this with the kids and it is a blast! The 4-person tubes are very heavy and difficult to lug up the stairs - especially for me, as I was alone with two kids under age 8. A kind man behind me offered some muscle, which was very welcome. We wanted to ride this again and again, but the tube is really daunting so I had to move the kids to another attraction. Maybe I am just weak, but I would suggest riding this with teens who can help, or have at least TWO adults.
- The children's area is huge, with a multitude of water features and several waterslides for all ages and sizes.
- For the full VIP experience, 11 cabanas are available to rent. The $150 fee includes a private cabana with comfortable furniture, a private "coastline" of the wave pool, food service availability, and a water-stocked mini fridge.
- Hurricane Harbor represents the largest expansion in Six Flags Over Georgia's history - 7 acres!
- Hurricane Harbor also means jobs for the area; Over 200 new seasonal jobs have been created for this new tropical paradise.