This delicious recipe is easy, uses one pan, and can be prepped ahead of time (in my case, during baby's nap time). The original Pin is here: Dinner all in one pan - chicken
It sounded a little bit bland to me, so I searched the fridge to kick it up a notch. I added sliced onion to the potatoes section, Hormel real bacon bits to the green beans section, and I spread whipped cream cheese over the chicken. I did each of those steps before the Italian seasoning and melted butter.
EASY FAMILY FAVORITE:
ZESTY CHICKEN AND VEGGIES
Use 3-4 chicken breasts for a family of four; more if you have more mouths to feed. If using canned cut green beans, I suggest 2 cans for every 4 people. They all went for seconds!
Needed: chicken breasts, green beans (fresh or canned), red potatoes, real bacon bits, onion, whipped (or softened) cream cheese, packet of Italian dressing mix, 1/2 stick of melted butter
- Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray
- Cut chicken breasts in half and place in the middle of the pan
- Cut red potatoes into chunks, place on one side of the pan
- Place fresh or canned green beans in the other section of the pan
- Slice onion, sprinkle pieces over the potatoes
- Sprinkle real bacon bits over the green beans
- Heavily spread softened cream cheese over the chicken
- Sprinkle all liberally with one packet of Italian dressing mix
- Melt the butter and pour evenly over the entire pan
- Bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes
The cream cheese lightly browns to perfection and the onion and bacon bits add flavor to the vegetables. Melted butter adds goodness to anything, right? This is absolutely an A+ recipe for my family, and I especially love it because I can prepare during baby's nap and cooking only involves placing in the oven. And one big pan to wash? Yet another plus!
Happy kids at dinner make for an enjoyable family evening. Enjoy, and please Pin it if you like it! Hover over the image above to add to your favorite Pinterest board.