While adults get to stay up late and basically eat whatever they want (like a milkshake for dinner), I think I'd like to be a kid again.
Why it's better to be a kid...
- You have a chauffeur
- You have a chef
- You have a maid (sometimes, anyway)
- You have a nurse when sick
- You DON'T have to navigate office politics
- You DON'T pay taxes
- You DON'T need money for gasoline
- When you feel like crying, you cry.
- You get summers "off"
- You get more gifts for birthdays and holidays
If my daughter and I could switch places for a day, I would request a lot of snacks, talk almost non-stop, eat dessert after dinner, and leave Moon Dough crumbs all over the floor. Then I'd ask to read books at night and sleep with a soothing sound machine and one dozen stuffed animals.
What do you think, grown-up or kid?
- - -
Linked up to Mama Kat's Writers' Workshop at KatBouska.com - prompts each week and link-ups every Thursday!