Amelia's new bedroom is really coming together! She requested a Cinderella theme, and I tried to mix "grown up" elements with temporary Disney princess decor. She is already five years old, so I want to be able to remove the Disney part of it once she outgrows that phase (it'll come soon enough... sniff sniff). By selecting removable Disney decals, we have the option to remove them later. A few major elements like the color scheme and framed art have a more grown-up feel.
For this grown-up but kid-friendly Cinderella bedroom, I pulled together these great items:
- A comforter set in blue tones with a sparkly pillow made for a perfect princess bedroom look. This comforter set and sparkle heart pillow are Sweethearts by Teen Vogue (Ordered from Belk)
- The focal point above the bed is the "a dream is a wish your heart makes" quote from the popular Cinderella movie soundtrack. This beautiful wall quote came from RockABabyWallQuotes and was a challenge to install, but not impossible. It looks fantastic.
- My favorite "big girl" look in the room came from the wall art. The gorgeous Cinderella-themed 8x10 photographs via AnaPontesPhotography on Etsy are sophisticated, but they still fit within the Cinderella themed bedroom.
- The Cinderella bedroom color scheme is light blue, of course, but we decided on black elements and furniture instead of a more childish white. The wall quote, frames, and furniture are black.We also have a swirly-edged black shelf hanging over her dresser.
- To add the Disney princess to the room, per our daughter's wishes, we selected a set of Disney Princess peel and stick wall decals, ordered off Amazon.com. We used the small blue icons (bird, shoe, etc) to "sit" on top of each light switch plate and outlet and they are so cute!
- We also added a Cinderella "Pillow Pet" type doll to the bed, which was also ordered via Amazon.com