Friday, April 13, 2012

I am not available this weekend!

I am so tired.
I miss lazy, no-plans weekends.
It has been at least a month since I felt rested.

It began with a nasty cold virus that hit all three of us, nestled itself snug in our ears, and stuck around for weeks. Then the vacation packing. Trying to avoid excess airline bag fees, it took days for me to strategically choose and place everything so we could check only one bag. The night before  vacation? I awoke at 2:00 a.m. and dashed to the bathroom. On the way there, I passed out cold on the floor, waking my husband with the loud thud. Then I vomited. And hit my head a second time when I passed out again. I was sweaty and sick, on and off until 6:00 in the morning. We had to be at the airport by 7:30!

That day was the most horrible travel experience ever. I was not vomiting anymore, but felt weak and tired and just plain awful. I considered staying home, but they would be cruising for a week! And I knew this would pass within a day. I couldn't even concentrate enough to look for a flight the following day. Despite my master packing efforts, we checked two bags because I could not bear to carry anything. I pushed my body and fatigue to the limits, making it through the flight, the rental car process, and an hour drive to my mother-in-law's house. I slept for many, many hours. Daddy heroically tended to Amelia's every need for a full 24 hours.

The cruise was fantastic. I was better (and even eating a little) by check-in time and vowed to use sanitizer and Lysol wipes religiously. I definitely did not want anyone to get sick from me! And thankfully, no one did. We sailed and played and ate for a week. I felt good, but it was quite an active time. I could have used a sleep catch-up day for sure.

Upon arrival home, I tackled the mountains of laundry. Got Amelia back to school for one day while I went to the office. Then she had eye surgery. Stress on top of exhaustion! This, her second time, was much worse than before. She was crying, frightened, and miserable. The first day culminated in vomit all over her bed. She awoke the next few mornings early, scared and crying because her eyes were swollen and sore. 

I hosted a baby shower that Sunday. I went to work that week. Then guests began to arrive at week's end. 

Birthday party.
Late nights because Amelia was used to her loose vacation schedule and lack of rules.

Today, I am hanging by a thread. Aches persist. I yawn and yawn and yawn. So absolutely ready for the weekend. No early plans. We all need some serious lazy time! 

I'm not even going to write a blog post.

Catch ya Monday!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...